Thursday, October 09, 2003

Schwarzenegger won in a landslide. The Times lost in a mudslide.”

Also from the Los Angeles Times letters page:

I am an independent voter, and I watched with stunned awe as The Times participated in nothing more than pure partisan politics during the last few days of the recall campaign. The Times, in what was a clear attempt to bolster the Democratic candidates, ran 30-year-old salacious stories regarding Schwarzenegger. They were publicized only because it was clear that Davis was going to be recalled.

This election was not about Davis versus Schwarzenegger. It was about the liberal left wing of the Democratic Party versus the California citizenry. I voted to remove Davis because I am tired of Democrats overtaxing me and telling me that I am "well off" and deserve more punitive punishment in the form of higher taxes because I earn more than the average Californian. In addition, I am tired of being referred to by the Democratic Party as racist because I happen to think that legal residence and citizenship matter and that benefits, such as driver's licenses, should go only to those who have immigrated legally
. [Emphasis added]

That is one pissed-off Californian.

No comments: