Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Bernie Sanders said that?

Hit and Run: "Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump Won Because People Are Tired of Political Correctness"
"One of the arguments as to why Trump won," Sanders continued, "is the belief that most or many of his supporters are sexists or racists or homophobes. I happen not to believe that's the case. I think what he did do is he said, 'You know what, there's a lot of pain in this country, people are scared and people are worried.' People are tired of status quo politics. He broke through that."
I know I've said this before, but I was struck by a story on NPR where a Democrat voter said that if he couldn't vote for Bernie, he would probably vote for Trump in the general election.  That should have been the tip-off that people didn't want to vote for an establishment candidate like Clinton.

No comments: