Saturday, August 22, 2009

For the record, I was a Jason Mraz fan before you

I just heard this little bit of music trivia today:

Singer-songwriter Mraz's "I'm Yours" notched its 70th week on the Hot 100. Thanks to 4.4 million total downloads and airplay on top 40, adult top 40, adult contemporary and triple-A (adult alternative album) radio, "I'm Yours" beat LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live" for the song with the longest life on the singles chart.
Mraz is a lyrical wonder who blends sublime melodies around his words. Here he is wearing his silly hat (as usual) playing to an enthusiastic Dutch crowd that know all the words:



This is my favorite song from "We sing we dance we steal things"

2 comments:

Des said...

Also this week, the Black Eyed Peas set a record by holding onto the #1 spot on the chart for a 20th straight week. They're this generation's Beatles!

And remember, always keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars.

Eric said...

How depressing.

I can honestly say I have no idea what this Black Eyed Peas song is. And five years from now, nobody will remember it.

Hey Des, go see "Bandslam" with your daughter. Not a single curse (unless you count "butt") in the movie. It's like the old Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland "let's put on a show!"